CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time doesn't just fly, it ZOOMS

Should've posted before now!  But life is just, well, so daily...unless we are intentional, unless we sieze the day, one day blurs into another then suddenly a whole week is lost in a crowd of days and a month or more has passed and nothing is left but good intentions.  That's true whether I'm talking about my painting or my blogging or any sort of plan I might have.

The Lord has pointed out the value, the NECESSITY, of me being intentional in my walk with Him.  My priority must be Him.  Our relationship must come first and direct how I face any other goal or plan or intention I might have.  After all, how preposterous is it to put any finite thing before the One who created me? The most important thing I can do on any day I'm given is to immerse myself in God's Word and to come to our Lord in prayer.  That's remembering, too, that prayer is not first-and-foremost presenting some wish list, but listening to what the Holy Spirit is speaking to me.

So!  Being intentional about painting  Keeping that discipline of painting every day.  And keeping my focus on what glorifies God.  Just now I'm doing a lot of work preparing for our upcoming local craft show Mistletoe Market; but I have to be very, very careful that my goal doesn't become selling work.  I must use every bit of this creativity of mine to find ways to keep Jesus the focus of each work I produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment