CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Let your light shine...

I almost had the light fixture I wanted.  Almost. 

I liked the finish, a warm brushed nickel that suited me perfectly; it nicely echoed the finish of the other hardware in my cottage-y kitchen.  The scale was right.  The price had been happily budget-friendly.  But the glass shades were just not quite...quite.
Still, I talked myself into the purchase, thinking the shades would grow on me.  They didn't.  I lived with those shades for over a year.  But, finally, the DIY-er in me just couldn't stand it any more, and it was time to revamp.

What I really wanted were cute little fabric shades. 
And, these were perfect.  Almost.  I found them at Lowe's, in a slubby not-too-formal fabric that was a good neutral color match for the kitchen.  But they were a smidge too short, exposing the place where the bulbs screw into the base.  So it was time for a little embellishment.


I have learned that there is very little that a hot glue gun and imagination cannot fix.  I found homey cotton weave for banding, and paired it with crisply folded ruffles.  Together, they were just enough to sweeten the shades--and cover the hardware.


And what about covered buttons that are a match made in heaven?



And, finally, just the perfect combo.



Me and my bright ideas.

Have a blessed day, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment